People who go to the gym regularly or are much into the sports, plyometric boxes would not be not a new name for them. Plyometric boxes may look like a simple square-shaped box but do not let the small size and simple structure fool you; these serve so many purposes.
Before starting up with plyometric boxes, one must know what exactly they are made for. Since it is no longer a new concept, you can easily learn about it in detail through trainers. Even a lot of relevant information can be accessed through the internet. Various articles and websites are dedicated to this topic.
One such website that can give you detailed information regarding plyometric boxes is whatis180.com. Once you know clearly what the boxes are and you decide to go for the plyometric exercise, then you must consider certain factors before getting your hands on the box.
- The surfaces of the box should not be slippery at all, to ensure that the user lands safely on the surface
- The width of the box should be at least as wide as the hips
- For the user’s convenience, the box should not be too heavy, so that it cannot be carried from one place to another. It should not be too light in weight either so that it shifts its place when the user jumps
- The material of the box is just as important; it should not be too hard to cause damage. Moreover, it should not be delicate that it breaks off while the user jumps
- The floor on which you place your box plays a vital role in deciding the material of box too. For example, a metal box goes well with all type of floor surfaces, whereas, wooden boxes might slip on a few surfaces
- The area you wish to dedicate to your box must be given consideration. If you have plenty of space, you can go for any option you like. However, if there is limited space, you can go for adjustable boxes